The IT Business Analyst is responsible for converting business requirements into technical solutions. To be effective in this role, the Business Analyst will need to be able to quickly understand business issues and data challenges within the organization. This role will be instrumental in testing efforts, systems integration, project management, communication, and reporting.
- Act as liaison between business users, vendors and the IT team.
- Develop business requirements as a result of client engagements and business issues.
- Provide software usage expertise for business process supporting applications.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
- Review and test systems for conformance to functional and performance requirements.
- Document issues, activities, and solutions employing industry best practices.
- Facilitate communications for internal and external users.
- Effectively handle aggressive deadlines and shifting priorities to quickly assess and resolve issues.
- Project management processes.
- Interface with business leaders and IT teams to ensure projects and systems are delivered to end user satisfaction.
- Coordinate system testing and coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Create Dashboard and Reports using Microsoft PowerBI and Excel PowerPivot.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years of experience in IT Business Analyst role or related role
- Experience with agile development process
- Experience with writing SQL scripts (T-SQL preferred)
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience with complete software development life cycle
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with creating Dashboards and Reports using an analysis data tool. (PowerBI, Tableau, Tibco, etc).