The Application Development Manager will provide leadership and direction in the design, implementation and support of business application systems throughout the organization.
This leader will support application systems for all users, help guide the Application Development team’s activities, resources, and manage vendor relationships.
The Application Development Manager will identify industry trends, lead multiple projects and oversee developers to ensure that specifications are correctly collected and met in a timely fashion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Manage and provide direction to support our Business Applications.
– Manage implementations of applications: Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to applications.
– Develop a service-oriented team that delivers exceptional business solutions that align with Business Application requirements in a collaborative manner.
– Oversee team processes, monitors metrics, and make continuous improvements to elevate the team’s efficiency.
– Guide the design, implementation, testing and delivery of work within the team that cultivates communication and best practices.
– Writes, modifies existing programs developed either in-house or by software vendors, and documents complex solution programs.
– Creates documentation to identify and record the changes that have been applied to software programs and coding.
– Install and implement software developed either in-house or by outside vendors. – Provides technical assistance with software systems and troubleshoot software failures.
– Reviews performance of applications programs to ensure program efficiency, program documentation, and to ensure that output meets the needs of the business.
– Evaluate and recommend new technologies to best support company initiatives. – Proven ability to interact at and communicate to all levels of an organization. – Ability to demonstrate organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills along with the ability to manage shifting priorities are critical for success in this position.
– Provides technical information required in the preparation of annual budget figures for the Applications Development Division, including needs for upgrades and resources needed to ensure timely response to needs of business.
– Provide and present team deliverables and track the status of current projects and maintenance activities.
– Other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
– External Competencies- Decision Making – Leadership – Problem Solving/Analysis – Technical Capacity
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) REQUIRED.